Date: 16 Aug 2008 - 17 Aug 2008 [2D/1N]
Location: Gunung Yellow, Gunung Pass - Cameron Highlands
Altitude: 1,667m ASL
Difficulty: 4.9/10 (http://danlow.multiply.com/journal/item/50)
Trail length: 5.8km
Camera: Canon EOS 350D
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DCFilter: none
Post editing: PS CS3
Members: Doreen, Lucy, Uncle Yong, MC, Dan, Kah Fai and Khai Chern.
My reason to go there: Gunung Yellow is beautiful….
Gunung Yellow/大黃山峰 （1667m）
Gunung Pass/柏士山峰 （1587m）
16 Aug 08
12:30 - 4wd pick up at Guan Di temple at Kg Rajah.
13:30 - Start from Simpang Pulai-Cameron highway Perak/Pahang border
18:00 – Reach Gunung Yellow/大黄山
17 Aug 08
10:00 - Leave Gunung Yellow/大黄山
13:45 - Exit to Simpang Pulai-Cameron highway Perak/Pahang border
4wd pick back to Kg Rajah Guan Di temple.
Rewards of this trip
- We saw the Luna eclipse - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_2008_lunar_eclipse
- Clear sky, beautiful morning view
- Nice camp site at Gunung Yellow
- Lots of White moss/Club moss [lichen] at Gunung Yellow
- Water point has clear and clean water this time
I could clearly see Gunung Suku(left) and Gunung Chabang(right) from Gunung Yellow
Challenges of this trip
- Some sandfly at the campsite of Gunung Yellow
- A few leeches, very few…
- It rained on day 1
- My tom yam soup failed
- Guide: NIL
- 4WD Fees: RM20/pax
- Entrance fees: NIL
- Camp site fees: NIL
- Food: I think it was RM27.00/person
- Transport: RM150 x 2 cars (Passengers AA share petrol + tol cost - Drivers don't pay)
- I love it … easy trail + beautiful scenery = 2 thumbs up!