Sunday 6 June 2010

Gunung Tambuyukon 2,579m

Pos Monggis - Day 1, just before the 3D/4N hike
 
Date: 06 Jun 2010 - 09 Jun 2010 [4D/3N]
Location: Gunung Tambuyukon, Pos, Monggis, Kinabalu National Park, Sabah
Altitude: 2,579m ASL
Campsite: 1st campsite is by the river, flat and can fit many fly, 2nd campsite is at 1500ASL, no WP and uneven, can fit 15 easy
Difficulty: 7.8/10 (
http://danlow.multiply.com/journal/item/50)
Trail length: 14km
Camera: Canon G10
Filter: none
Post editing: PS CS3
Organizer: Kentat
Members : Dan, Tut, Lucy, Fau Ah Kau, Lim Fang Hau, Khai Chern, PC, HL and CY

My reason to go there: This is one of the 12 tallest mountain in Malaysia, in my quest to hike them all, I will definately wanna hike this one as well. Gunung Tambuyukon is 2,579m ASL, that makes it the 3rd tallest in Malaysia after Kinabalu and Trusmadi.
Thoughts: This is perhaps one of the most beautiful mountain I have ever hiked in Malaysia, I’m glad and feel fortunate to be able to see the place for myself. If you like pitcher plants, then you should not miss this mountain.

SLIDESHOW
 


2-3hrs drive pass logging roads
 

very clear water at the campsite

tiny little mushrooms

nice view from Camp Rajah

Campsite #2 at 1500m ASL

awesome view from the summit region

a snake blocked my way, it was sunbathing

one of the largest pitcher plant in the world - Nepenthes rajah

Nepenthes lowii

Pos Monggis, returning to KK
 
Gunung Nambuyukon, the sister of Gunung Tambuyukon is visible from here
 
Gunung Kinabalu is visible from the summit of Gunung Tambuyukon
 

Nepenthes edwardsiana

Nepenthes edwardsiana
 
Nepenthes rajah
 
Nepenthes tentaculata

Nepenthes villosa
 
Nepenthes edwardsiana
 
it finally said "I had enough" after 5 years ... thanks my dear HiTec boots.. R.I.P.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment