Saturday 4 September 2010

Mandalay, Myanmar


Date: 04 Sep 2010 - 18 Sep 2010
Location: Mandalay, Myanmar
Camera: Canon EOS 500D
Lens: Tokina AT-X 124 AF Pro DX 12-24mm f/4
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-200 mm F3.5-5.6 IS
Filter: none
Post editing: PS CS3
Trip schedule and details: http://danlow.multiply.com/journal/item/91 Check this out if you plan to visit Myanmar, I have shared tonnes of goodies here.

Mandalay is the second-largest city and the last royal capital of Burma. Located 445 miles (716 km) north of Yangon on the east bank of the Irrawaddy River, the city has a population of one million,[1] and is the capital of Mandalay Region (formerly Mandalay Division). Mandalay is the economic hub of Upper Burma and considered the center of Burmese culture.



To me Mandalay is interesting because of its temples, it is very interesting to see them one by one and learn about their history and importance to the people of Myanmar. 
These are the places that I have visited:
1. Sandamani Paya
2. Kyauktawgyi Paya
3. Mandalay hill
4. Shwe in Bin Kyaung
5. Mahamuni Paya
6. Sagaing
7. Sagaing Hill
8. Amarapura
9. U Bein's Bridge

I was only there for a night which I think was a good decision. Coz my next stop at "Bagan" was even better... 

Things I like about Mandalay:
- Very interesting temples of various styles

Things I don't like about Mandalay:
- very dusty and hot
- expensive fuel = expensive taxi

SLIDESHOW


No comments:

Post a Comment